Professional Indemnity Select is written on a full civil liability basis. Key cover includes breach of professional duty, infringement of copyright, breach of confidentiality, defamation and other types of civil liability with a limit of indemnity up to £5,000,000.
It can be bought as either a standalone policy, or as an optional section within Commercial Select, our property and casualty proposition for mid-corporate customers.
- Fraud and Dishonesty – liability of the insured business to any third party resulting from fraudulent or dishonest conduct.
- Lost Documents – costs of replacing/restoring documents lost or damaged in transit, in custody or control up to £100,000.
- Joint Ventures – cover against the liability arising from the policyholder’s professional services in relation to any joint venture.
- Automatic Acquisition – cover can be automatically provided for work in respect of any firm acquired during the policy period.
- Court Attendance Cover – if attending court as a witness when defending a claim up to £300 per day (£150 for employees).
Cover can be provided on:
- A Civil Liability Basis – allows for any civil liability to be claimed, rather than restricted errors and omissions cover.
- A Claims Made Basis – as opposed to occurrence basis.
- An Any One Claim Basis – every claim made during the period of insurance is entitled to the full indemnity limit for the majority of trades.
- An Innocent Non-Disclosure Condition – waiving our rights to avoid the insurance cover in the event we are satisfied of innocent non-disclosure, or innocent misrepresentation.
Bespoke policy wordings available for: