The busiest time in the musical calendar is now upon us. Whether you're performing in carol concerts, Christmas parties, shopping events or busking in the street, it’s a freezing time of year to be performing.
We’ve created this guide to help you prepare for performing in the cold, so you can protect yourself and your instrument.
STEP 1: Let your instruments acclimatise
STEP 2: Take extra care when cleaning
STEP 3: Keep your eyes (and ears!) on your prized possession
STEP 4: Dress appropriately
STEP 5: Leave enough time for tuning
STEP 6: Look after yourself
Travellings top tips
- Allow more time to travel and drive carefully
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Come prepared with the essentials: ice scraper, de-icer, torch, warm clothes, blanket, boots, shovel, food and drink, first aid kit and mobile phone
- Allow larger stopping distances if conditions are icy or foggy (and don’t forget your fog lights!)
- And lastly, never leave your instruments in the car for long periods or overnight!