Buildings and contents insurance will help you put things back to normal if your business premises, contents or stock get damaged, lost or stolen.
UK based claims services.

Risk management

Free expert help handling the risks your business faces.

Over 130 years’ experience as part of one of the largest insurers in the world.
Business legal expenses and expertise
Our insurance packages for small businesses have legal expenses cover included automatically, and this cover can be added to policies for larger businesses too. Legal expenses cover from Allianz provides access to a range of services including:
Speak to your insurance broker to help you arrange your business insurance.
Tenants should check this with their landlord. Whilst landlords invariably arrange insurance for the building and might also get some contents insurance for certain fixtures and fittings, this may not be the case in every instance and normally wouldn’t protect the tenant’s business’s contents and stock. So tenants should also speak to their broker about what cover might be wanted.
In the vast majority of cases they don't. It’ll depend on what’s in the tenancy agreement, but usually tenants are entirely responsible for the items they have at the premises so they may want to consider arranging their own contents insurance.
You might want extra cover when goods are being imported and exported or being transported within the UK - you should speak to your broker about what insurance you need.
The countries which are covered by an insurance policy will be set out in the policy wording (and will often be called ‘territorial limits’). Most standard policies only provide cover in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. If your business extends overseas then you should ask your broker about alternatives including multinational insurance.