We offer the solutions you need to get it right for your customer. Every time.
Construction expert trading teams
Specialist claims handling centres
Learn more about Allianz working in partnership with you.
- Contractor’s Employer’s Liability – flexible liability limits up to £25m
- Contractor’s Public Liability – standard limit of indemnity of £5m with higher limits
- Contract Works Construction – limits and descriptions tailored to your customer's requirements
- Contractors Plant - All Risks cover for owned / hired in plant anywhere in the UK
- Contractors JCT 6.5.1 – protections against employer's liability for loss or proceedings that arise due to non-negligent damage to property while undertaking a building contract, due to collapse and subsidence amongst other named perils
In addition to the above, the following additional sections are available:
- Machinery Movement
- Erection All Risks
- Fidelity Guarantee
- Goods in Transit
- Material Damage
- Specified All Risks
- Business Interruption
- Commercial Legal Expenses
- Professional Indemnity
- Directors and Officers
- Group Personal Accident
- Annual Business Travel
- Builders – domestic and commercial builders involved with construction, alteration, maintenance, redevelopments or refurbishments using traditional and innovative design and systems.
- Civil engineering – companies that undertake contracts involving ground work, utilities or transport infrastructure as well as structural engineering.
- Building completion and finishing trades and skilled specialists in allied trades – such as bricklayers, tilers, metal workers and shop fitters and electricians.
These are our preferred types of risks but we’re happy to discuss other cases too.
Why choose Allianz?
We’ve got three dedicated Construction Expert Trading Teams based in Manchester, Birmingham and London, writing new and existing business. Our dedicated construction underwriters have comprehensive industry knowledge and technical expertise across Property, Liability, Engineering and Speciality lines, providing a one stop shop for your clients’ cover requirements.
We're committed to providing solutions that address market challenges and trends. Our Construction Select insurance provides a wide range of key engineering, property, liability and speciality covers for customer's to pick and choose. We have specialist claims handling centres for property, casualty and engineering claims. Our claims helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For clients with Allianz Legal Expenses cover in place, our partner solicitors, DWF, can provide a free review of your customer’s Fees for Intervention invoice (to help them determine whether a material breach has actually taken place or not, and therefore whether they are liable to pay a fee to the Health and Safety Executive).
Our in-house specialist construction surveyors and engineering inspection consultants span the entire country, so no matter where your customer is based, we are on hand to offer advice on risk management, health and safety, plant maintenance as well as site security.
Construction site surveys
Our in-house NEBOSH qualified, construction risk surveyors can visit your customer’s site to carry out a risk assessment, spending time with them reviewing their health and safety and work permit documentation.
Engineering inspection services
We offer periodical legal inspections of plant or machinery at any site in the UK, including inspections of:
- excavators and loading shovels
- forklift and pallet trucks
- lorry mounted and mobile cranes
- lifting appliances and machines
- a wide range of pressure plant items including air receivers, blowdown vessels, hot water boilers and refrigeration and air conditioning plant.
In addition, Allianz Engineering's Special Services Team can arrange one-off inspections coupled with bespoke consultation in the fields of:
- Electrical wiring and portable appliance testing to help with compliance with the Institution of Electrical Engineers' Regulations
- Lift consultancy – inspection during the construction phase of lift installations
- Non-destructive testing – used to support all testing of pressure plant; boilers, vessels and pipework, lifting plant; such as cranes and electrical installations as well as fixed wiring.
Self-serve risk management support
Risk Director, our FREE online risk management site features:
- Sector-specific risk management advice
- Risk improvement reports
- Health and safety toolkit and a range of checklists to help your clients conduct their own risk assessments.
- Vero – employee screening
- Praxis 42 – health and safety advice
- SWS – physical security solutions
- Glen Abbot – supply chain risk management
- Hilti – passive fire protection
- Arco – safety and personal protective equipment.
Risk management expertise
Designed to help manage the risk to your client's business and relevant legislation.
Site traffic management
It must not be made available to anyone other than the intended recipient, either in its original form or any reproduction.