Firstly, please accept our condolences. We realise this must be a difficult time, so email us when you're ready and we'll let you know your different options. 

If you head to our Contact Us page, fill out our contact form and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

A listed building is a property that’s of special architectural or historic interest. 

The next question many people ask is what's the difference between a grade 1 and a grade 2 listed building?

Just so you know: we’re not responsible for content on other websites.

While we don't insure properties that have suffered from a flood or are under a current flood warning, our friends at Gallagher might be able to help. You can get in touch with them about their specialist insurance on 0333 188 7823.
Yes, we need to know what material your home’s made from to help us calculate the price of your insurance. For example, homes with a timber frame or an asphalt roof have a higher risk of catching fire, so may cost more to insure (if we’re able to insure the property at all).

Subsidence is when the ground beneath your property sinks because the soil is unstable. We define it as downward movement of the ground supporting the building.

There's also another type of ground movement you may see highlighted in your home insurance documents… 'heave'. This is when the ground beneath your property swells and causes your property to move.

‘New for old’ means your insurer will replace your lost or damaged belongings with new items of the same type and quality as the originals, or they’ll pay you the amount it would cost to replace them.

If you’ve chosen to add our personal belongings cover, you may be able to claim.

It covers you for your personal items like bicycles, handbags, jewellery and devices like mobile phones and tablets.

Good to know: your items will be covered no matter where you are in the world.

Personal belongings are already included up to £2,000 with our Gold  policy. Items worth more than £2,000 will need to be specified on your policy.

You may have heard people saying insurers use this term as a way of rejecting claims, but it’s actually not true.

An act of God refers to an event that was outside your control, like a natural disaster.

Did you know? The term ‘act of God’ isn’t used in insurance policies in the UK anymore.

In fact, UK insurers don’t exclude losses or damage caused by natural disasters… so your cover will include things like fire, floods and earthquakes.

Yes. It’s important you tell your insurer about any work being carried out that could increase the risk of damage to your home or its contents. This includes having an extension built and any significant refurbishments made to your home.

You should also let your insurer know if the house is ever going to be left unoccupied for a more than 60 days in a row.

You don’t need to let them know about work going on inside the property like decorating or replacing fitted units (if you’re having a new bathroom or kitchen fitted, for example) unless you’ll be moving out of the property for a significant amount of time. 

Yes, we can offer a quote as long as you know all the details, but we can only insure the property from the date you actually exchange contracts.

Yes. If you own your home but you’re not sure when it was built, you should be able to find out in your mortgage valuation, homebuyers report or any other documents relating to the purchase of the property.

If you still don't know, please use your best estimate.

We always base our policies on the original date of construction. For example, if your property was built in 1890 but the conversion means the majority of the property was built in 1990, we would still record 1890.

Yes, you need to tell us if you have any valuable items that, individually, are worth more than £2,000, even if they don't leave your home. Examples of valuable items include jewellery, watches, furs, items made of gold, silver and other precious metals, pictures/paintings and other works of art, as well as stamp, coin and medal collections.

Although some belongings like your TV and sofa may be expensive to replace, these are covered as standard under your contents insurance policy, so you don't need to specify them as a 'valuable item' when you get a quote.