Lightfoot is an award-winning, government-supported technology that is helping to make roads safer, the environment cleaner and business vehicles less expensive to run.
Its revolutionary technology has become the fleet management solution of choice for many of the UK’s largest fleets, including Tesco, Asda, Virgin Media, and South West Water.
Backed by Volpi Capital, Lightfoot rewards better drivers with a platform that monetises good driving.
A ‘Fitbit for cars and vans’, Lightfoot is pioneering a new standard for measuring efficient driving. Lightfoot’s technology has been developed in partnership with leading driver-behavior experts at Bath University. Using advanced, real-time engine analytics that measure different factors such as load and road gradients, it provides live, in-cab coaching to help drivers improve efficiency and safety.
Tests at Bath University’s Institute of Advanced Automotive Propulsion Systems proved a direct correlation between Lightfoot’s in-cab visual alerts and reductions in NOx. Studies showed when drivers halve the number of lights on Lightfoot’s in-cab dashboard device, a fivefold reduction in NOx is achieved.
Lightfoot’s industry-leading solution combines instant in-cab coaching via the dashboard mounted device with its driver rewards platform to deliver substantial, sustainable results. The dashboard display device uses live engine data to provide drivers with real-time visual and audible feedback, allowing them to manage their own performance and build better driving habits.
Alongside the in-cab device, Lightfoot also provides a dedicated Drivers App. Here, drivers can view their performance data, keep track of their driving score, and compete in league tables with other drivers. When they reach Lightfoot’s ‘Elite Driver’ standard (scoring 85% or higher) they gain access to a range of exclusive competitions, including The Drivers’ Lottery, where they can win up to £100 each week, and a host of prize giveaways, such as consumer tech. Together, this helps to incentivise better driving, ensuring long-lasting results.
Lightfoot has two core components:
1. A small device that communicates directly with the vehicle’s engine and provides the driver with visual and verbal feedback to stay within the engine’s ‘sweet spot’ (optimum efficiency).
2. An exciting rewards platform enabling drivers to benefit personally from better driving (whether at work or at home) through competitions, prizes, discounts and other incentives.
The benefits of Lightfoot:
- A rapid and measureable improvement in driving styles
- Improved welfare and safety of drivers
- Changes sustained over time because of ongoing cab engagement
- Minimal management input required - Lightfoot gives results, not lots of data
- Fuel and emissions savings of 15-20% (validated by Professor chris Brace of Bath University)
- In EVs, a more uniform Lightfoot-enabled driving style contributes to range increases of up to 15%.
- Accident reductions of up to 40% (validated by Allianz Insurance Plc)
- Tracking, driver ID, business v private mileage is all available and easy to use
- Reduced weat and tear on vehicles (downtime reduced by 45% - Ian Thorn, CEF)
- Lighfoot regularly achieves driver engagement levels in excess of 60%, which compares favourably with conventional telematics that struggle to achieve engagement levels higher than 5%.