Our first BIBA Brokers' Guide for 2019, in association with DAC Beachcroft, is here!
This edition looks at the current trends in employers' liability (EL) insurance, including the battle to combat fraud, case law, a look at complementary cover, and the important role that can be played by record-keeping should a claim be made against an employer.
The content includes:
- The fight against 'fundamentally dishonest' claims
- Why EL limits should be reviewed
- Historic liabilities
- The part that Personal Accident insurance can play
- Consideration of liability towards 'self-employed' contractors
- James Bowen and others v Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis
- The relevance of paper trails
- The purpose of the Employers' Liability Tracing Office (ELTO)