IT – year in industry placements
Our IT internship is not just for technical people and covers a number of positions within the department, catering for those thinking about a career in:
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Technical IT roles
The internship has been tailored to maximise the opportunities available to you to help you make the most of your year in industry. By fully integrating you into the IT team, you will be given real responsibility and the opportunity to add value to the company through the work that you deliver and experience what it is like working for a large global organisation.
We are looking for proactive, self motivated and analytical students who have a keen interest in IT and the insurance industry. Your year with us would start on the 25th July 2017 and as well as being paid a competitive salary you will also be entitled to paid holiday and many other benefits. You will be based in our head office in Guildford.
Closed for Applications
Please note we are now closed for applications. We will be opening applications for our 2018 intake in September 2017.
- On course to achieving a 2:1 or higher in your univeristy degree
- Minimum 300 UCAS points (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and strong numeracy skills
- Must be in 2nd year of University Course
- Valid work permit for permanent work in the UK
IT Central Business Functions PSO Placement
The IT HR and Finance role is primarily PSO focused; however is a unique opportunity to experience the whole project lifecycle from initiation to implementation. You will be working with the central business functions within Allianz such as Actuarial & Planning, Internal Audit, Compliance, Corporate Communications and more.
Tasks may include:
- Resource allocations to projects and frequent communication with our development team in India
- Producing monthly reports that analyse various aspects of IT delivery and content, which are then presented in Senior Management meetings
- Portfolio management - strategic planning allowing the correct decisions to be made for an effective balance between change delivered by projects/programmes and business as usual.
IT Digital Design & Development Placement
The Digital Design & Development Team is a central team responsible for the corporate Web CMS platform that is the strategic platform for Allianz UK web. The team provide Web solutions across all of the UK trading divisions delivering new projects, as well as providing Maintenance and support for the platform.
In this role, you will be involved in the development and maintenance of our web estate, provide support and training for our web authors that are assigned to make updates to the web using the Adobe CMS system and number of high profile projects such as changing or upgrading various corporate software tools. Additionally, you will also get exposure to Technical Design, Front-end development resources, Business Analysis and Project Management disciplines, which are all part of the team who deliver projects using both Waterfall and Agile Scrum Methodologies.
Tasks may include:
- Developing and maintaining Allianz Internal & External websites
- Google Search Appliance & Google Analytics, including support
- Assist in training sessions for web page authors across the business, assist with documentation of training material and provide on-going Author support
- System documentation
- Monthly reports
- Creation and maintenance of a number of reporting spreadsheets
IT Enterprise Architecture Placement
The role in the EA team is mainly a support role allowing the EA team to function and involves lots of co-ordination and organisational skills. These are some very good opportunities to gain significant exposure to senior management, and a broad understanding of technologies. The role is well suited for a confident self starter who is able to look at the big picture and has a keen interest in technologies.
- Organising and taking minutes in important board meetings which make IT decisions across the divisions
- Preparing presentations on important subjects with IT
- Coordinating significant projects and work streams with EA. (i.e. Strategic 5 year plans, key IT principle and standards and emerging technologies within Allianz and IT.
IT Quality Assurance Placement
The IT QA team is responsible for the processes and standards that govern Systems Development. The team aims to reduce the cost of development whilst increasing productivity by making efficient use of limited resources. Allianz uses its own development method to manage the progression of projects from initiation to closure. This is known as Allianz Cornhill Development Method (ACDM). You will help customers with the use of ACDM activities and administrate our process of measuring project productivity. This role requires a student with strong analytical and organizational skills with relevant experience in Microsoft Office.
Tasks may include:
- Managing our process for measuring productivity. This includes assigning analysts, organising monthly steering meetings, following up on outlying results and collating all of the results.
- Auditing small tasks on a quarterly basis and following up on any resulting actions
- Ensuring that some of the ACDM documents are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Compiling the list of project progress reports on a monthly basis
- Ad-Hoc analysis aimed at process improvement
- Ad-Hoc work regarding the quarterly ACDM updates.