- Visual inspections
- Remote visual inspections
- Ultrasonic testing
- Magnetic particle testing
For more information on our range of services,
or to book an inspection, please get in touch.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) plays a crucial role in ensuring that your plant and equipment, from pressure vessels through to lifting jibs or structures, are safe and that underlying defects are identified. This can be the difference in protecting the health of your employees or minimising the threat of costly losses in production – so it’s vital you have confidence in those conducting your NDT testing.
With extensive experience and nationwide coverage, you can trust our non-destructive testing (NDT) experts to deliver the least obtrusive and most cost-effective solutions for your equipment.
Whether it is a visual inspection, or ultrasonics on a large-scale boiler, we can accommodate a huge range of equipment to confirm the health and safety of your employees, and minimise the threat of costly losses in production.
Our NDT inspection service options
Backed by highly experienced, fully trained NDT practitioners, our range of inspection services
gives you complete peace of mind over the performance and safety of your systems.
NDT inspection services
- Dye/liquid penetrant testing
- Eddy current testing
- Thermal imaging of electrical inspections
Not sure which service is right for you?
Learn more about our service options or contact one of our experts.
Non-Destructive Testing Inspection Services FAQs
Non-destructive testing (NDT) is a testing and analysis technique used to evaluate a range of plant and machinery for potential defects, all without causing damage to the equipment in question. It is also known as non-destructive examination (NDE), non-destructive inspection (NDI), and non-destructive evaluation (NDE).
This can be as simple as a visual test by a trained NDT inspector, or a more complex type of remote inspection.
Remote visual inspections
Magnetic particle testing
Dye/liquid penetrant testing
Eddy current testing
Thermal imaging/infrared thermal imaging
NDT is essential in industries where component failures can cause substantial harm or significant financial loss. Examples of systems that require this level of testing include:
- pressure vessels
- storage tanks
- lifts, lifting equipment and hoists
- oil and gas tanks.
This technique is cost-effective, safe, and goes a long way to supporting the long-term performance of your equipment. NDT prevents catastrophic failures and breaches that could seriously risk the health of your workforce, damage your property, or cause your processes to break down.
Plus, unlike destructive testing, NDT services ensure that the equipment being inspected suffers no damage, so it can continue to be operated once any faults are resolved. This means you can avoid the cost of replacing parts, and tests can be repeated multiple times for the most reliable results.
Key documents and resources
There are many reasons you should perform NDT testing on your systems:
- It establishes a baseline for the quality of your manufactured items.
- It ensures that any signs of corrosion, erosion and fatigue are identified before they can become dangerous.
- It detects defects with absolute accuracy, so you can resolve these in a timely fashion.
- It confirms that the weld quality on plant modifications meets required standards.
Our highly trained NDT engineers perform these tests with the utmost care and skill, ensuring that your equipment is completely safe and fit for purpose.
- Your equipment is undamaged, meaning it can be repaired rather than replaced if faults are detected, or immediately returned to service if found to be working well.
- It identifies problems in your equipment not visible to the human eye, preventing failures that may injure your employees, damage your property or close your production lines.
- It is a very reliable form of testing, as they can performed multiple times to verify results and confirm the safety of your systems.
- It is a safe testing method for operators, with most techniques harmless to humans.
Speak to our team to explore our range of service options.
Why choose Allianz to conduct your NDT testing?
Our network of experienced, audited and approved sub-contractors conduct your tests, overseen by our senior NDT technicians.
Approaching every test with absolute attention to detail, we work to ensure you have total confidence in the integrity of your systems.