Designed to remove the legal worry of running a business, helping you to be compliant and avoid costly legal fees (e.g. for employment tribunals) and health and safety fines. It provides:
- a free legal health check – an online questionnaire which identifies risks and gaps in legal documentation based on the activities that take place within your business
- access to over 140 legal templates – save time and money by creating complex, legally binding contracts and policies online yourself
- safe storage of legal contracts – legal contracts and policies can be safely stored and edited online, allowing remote access
- easy-to-use law guide – written by lawyers, our guide enables you to understand legal processes and requirements
- monthly legal bulletins – stay up-to-date with legislation and regulation that affects your business.
We provide a range of telephone advice lines to help with legal and tax issues. In addition, our crisis communication service gives the knowledge and skills to act confidently should the worst happen.
Policyholders with legal expenses cover can access:
- Lawphone – a free 24/7/365 legal advice line. Our solicitors can provide legal advice on any business related matter. From mergers and acquisitions, debt recovery and employment and property disputes to advice on intellectual property and the actions required following a data breach*
- free tax advice – provided by Abbey Tax and accessible by phoning and quoting the master policy number detailed in your insurance schedule.
Additionally, these services are available with a 15% discount for Allianz policyholders*:
- undisputed debt recovery service – legal action for undisputed debts over £250
- solicitor employment support – assistance with a redundancy programme or guidance on pursuing internal disciplinary action
- uninsured legal action – action can be taken on your behalf for any commercial matter that’s not covered by your legal expenses insurance
- crisis communication services – best practice advice and services, including a review of existing crisis management policies, advice on creating bespoke plans and media training.
Your special offer
Example scenarios where Allianz Legal Services (ALS) could help:
- access CLICK Legal and conduct a legal health check to ensure they have the correct legal documents and processes in place - if he’s doing an audit, he might as well see what else needs to be done at the same time
- upload and store a digital copy of the business’s contracts on CLICK Legal’s secure storage facility
- confirm his contracts and documents are drawn up correctly by comparing them to our best practice templates
- call Lawphone and run through his contract needs.
Sam runs a residential construction firm. He’s recently completed a project for which he was to be paid in three instalments. Shortly before the third payment was due, the client asked Sam’s builders to leave the property on the grounds that they’d stained the patio with paint and left rubbish on the premises. The client is now refusing to give the final payment.
Sam needs the money to fulfil outstanding invoices from the build and he’s decided to make a claim.
- access CLICK Legal use our law guide to update his knowledge on the correct debt recovery process
- use our debt recovery document templates to ensure that he’s acted in accordance with the law
- call Lawphone to discuss the matter and, if it's thought Sam has a strong case, start the motions of making a claim
- carry out the business legal health check to see if he needs to change his contracts for the future.
Justine owns a bus company which services local schools. Recently, one of her drivers took a bus full of children down a country lane into deep flood water and the vehicle had to be evacuated and abandoned.
The company is now being investigated by the local council who are threatening to end Justine’s contract, as the driver allegedly went through a 'road closed' sign. She's also having to deal with the driver's suspension, which is meaning other contracts aren't being fulfilled, cash flow is reduced, and she's having to work overtime to make up for his absence.
- call Lawphone to get advice about her obligations to satisfy the local council and on fulfilling other contracts, and to be referred for help preparing her defence case if she's taken to court.
- complete the free legal health check, review her business’s health and safety policy and, if needed, create a new one using our template
- read about the correct debt recovery procedures within our law guide and sign up to our monthly legal bulletins.
- use DWF’s crisis communication services to help deal with any negative press coverage.
Allianz Legal Services contact information
Legal Expenses cover comes as standard within our core Property and Casualty Small Business policies: Complete Business, Complete Office, Complete Property Owner, Complete Flatowner, Complete Retailer and Complete Contractor.