Driving Other Cars
Driving other cars insurance from Allianz provides you, the policy holder, cover if you find yourself needing to drive someone else’s car in an emergency. This insurance provides you with third party liability cover whilst driving a car which is neither owned, nor hired, by you.
- Think about whether you are ever likely to need to temporarily drive someone else’s car.
- The knowledge that you are insured to get behind the wheel of anyone else’s car in an emergency can make a real difference, as well as the potential benefit of being both practical and socially convenient.
- It also means that, should your own car be off the road for a few days, you would be able to borrow a car from a friend or relative and avoid the expense of a hire car.
Please note: This cover is for the policyholder only.
- Our Driving other cars option covers you, for all third party liabilities in the event of you causing accidental damage, injury or death to other people or property whilst driving a car that is not yours and which you have not hired. It also includes liabilities caused by passengers travelling with you. It does not, however, cover any damage caused to the car you are driving.
As well as providing this cover, we will also:
- Protect your estate, following your death, against any liability you might have, which is insured under this policy.
- Provide you with legal representation at any hearing or trial arising as a result of an accident insured under this policy for which you are being held responsible.
If you select this cover, we will provide its benefits to you alone (as the named policyholder), providing that:
- You do not own the car and have not hired it or leased it.
- You are not entitled to claim on any other insurance policy.
- You have the permission of the owner to drive the car.
- You are aged 25 or over.