On Friday 16 June the Commercial Court gave judgment on linked claims concerning the scope of cover under policies that insure against business interruption losses due to notifiable diseases occurring at a policyholder's premises.
The court will now fix a date to determine if any party will appeal the judgement.
We’ll need to consider our position and in the meantime will be working through how it’s likely to impact those customers who have outstanding Covid-19 business interruption claims under disease at the premises clauses.
The following policies/clauses may be affected by the judgment, and we’ll be contacting the relevant brokers with an update on their customer’s claim over the next 10 days.
- SMEi wording
- Aon Trio property and business interruption policy
- Aon Trio Venture combined
- Allianz Select endorsement Z/156
- Complete Business endorsement C/152/1
- JLT Property Owner's wording
- Willis Towers Watson Real Estate policy, with a denial of access – notifiable disease endorsement.