- If you’ve furloughed staff, you’ll need to consider the timeframe agreed for returning to the workplace, so allow for this in planning arrangements.
- Consider the potential impacts of a significant period of time away from work, with some employees likely to benefit from a gradual / phased reintroduction.
- Before re-opening, should the first days of re-opening be used to communicate expectations, integrate employees back into their job role and activities, assess any immediate training needs / support, deliver training, deal with maintenance / inspection issues, and the practicalities of managing challenges relating to social and physical distancing?.
- Is direct contact (phone for example) appropriate, particularly where employees have specific concerns about returning? For example if they live / need regular contact with a vulnerable person.
- Advise employees to avoid using public transport if possible, and where use can’t be avoided to comply fully with government regulation and advice, and the advice of the transport operator.
- Enhance arrangements to ensure the wellbeing of those working from home is monitored and introduce systems to enable them to stay connected.
With ongoing Covid restrictions across the UK your business may have needed to change the way it operates or even been closed for extended periods of time.
Further to the 10 things to consider when re-starting your business, there is specific guidance for office environments.
Get advice on re-starting your business: your premises
Learn more about the legal implications of furlough
Read our specific guidance for re-starting your business
Wholesale & Logistics
Pubs, cafés &
COVID-19 resource hub
Download our guidance on re-starting your business
Further information and support is available
- - working safely during coronavirus
The risk management information and guidance provided herein is not intended to be advice for any specific requirements.
Readers should seek further advice when dealing with their individual and particular situations. Allianz Insurance plc shall have no liability for any action taken as a result of and in reliance on the information contained in this document. The information contained in this document is correct at date of going to print and may be subject to change at any time. All rights reserved