- Undertake a thorough inspection of your site, including all buildings (interior and exterior), boundary fences, and gates
- Check fire and intruder alarm protection, CCTV, access control coverage and guarding provisions
- Consider removal or restriction of touch points where practical, such as vending machines and other canteen equipment for general employee use
- Check adequate and suitable welfare facilities are available, including areas for safely changing and storing clothing and personal protective equipment. Where overalls and other personal protective equipment are provided, review laundry arrangements.
- Check the adequacy of arrangements for social distancing to avoid close working, including the use of vehicles and plant, machinery and equipment; careful management of meetings and training delivery; improved signage, physical barriers and use of personal protective equipment.
- Review IT and cyber security processes and procedures.
With ongoing Covid restrictions across the UK your business may have needed to change the way it operates or even been closed for extended periods of time.
Further to the 10 things to consider when re-starting your business, there is specific guidance for manufacturing businesses.
Get advice on re-starting your business: your machinery
Learn more about your employees' wellbeing
Buildings and working practices
Sanitisation and cleaning
Equipment and machinery
Read our specific guidance for re-starting your business
Wholesale & Logistics
Pubs, cafés &
COVID-19 resource hub
Download our guidance on re-starting your business
Further information and support is available
- - working safely during coronavirus
The risk management information and guidance provided herein is not intended to be advice for any specific requirements.
Readers should seek further advice when dealing with their individual and particular situations. Allianz Insurance plc shall have no liability for any action taken as a result of and in reliance on the information contained in this document. The information contained in this document is correct at date of going to print and may be subject to change at any time. All rights reserved