Goods lost or damaged whilst being transported.
Step 1 - what we'll need
Step 2 - start your claim
Tell us if you’re not happy with our service
So that we can get your claim moving quickly, please provide us with the following information when reporting it:
- Full name, address and contact details of the policyholder*
- Policy reference number
- Details of the carrier and other third parties involved
- How, where and when the incident happened (as much as is known)
- The weight (kg) of the goods dispatched (aka, the consignment) and weight of damaged/missing goods
- Esimated value of the damage/loss
- Relevant documents, including invoices, packing lists, transport documents (e.g. airway bill or consignment note) and collection/delivery receipts
- Copies of messages or other evidence showing responsibility lies with the carrier or another third party.
- Settlement offer from the carrier
- Photos of damage caused
- Statements from drivers and witnesses
- For incidents of criminal damage or theft that have been reported to the police, details of the officer and station and the crime reference number.
What happens next?
It must not be made available to anyone other than the intended recipient, either in its original form or any reproduction.