Motor Trade Claims
For information on making a motor trade claim, such as what we will require and contact details, select one of the options below.
Making a claim
0344 412 9996
PO Box 10509
51 Saffron Road
You can contact Autoglass directly for windscreen claims using the online booking form specially created for Allianz policyholders. Alternatively, call the number below.
Tel: 0844 875 2490
What we need
- Your name and company details
- Full name, address and contact details of the policyholder*
- Policy reference number
- Date and time of the incident
- Contact details for the third party
- Full circumstances
- Details and severity of the property damage/injury sustained by the third party
- Estimated value of the loss (for property damage)
- Contact details of witness(es)
- Details of any other involved third parties, e.g. sub-contractors
- Any other material fact central to the claim
- A valid crime reference number and details of the police constabulary dealing with the incident (if applicable)
- Registration numbers of all vehicles involved
- Full driver and vehicle use details
- Any recordings of the incident, e.g. CCTV.
*If the person reporting the claim or requesting payment is not the named policyholder (or appointed representative) we will require a written mandate confirming the policyholder’s consent to proceed.
What happens next?
Policy cover confirmation
Once cover has been confirmed we will either:
- Instruct one of our network of approved repairers and suppliers, subject to your agreement
- Instruct a loss adjuster to oversee large or complex claims
- Request the necessary documents, such as repair estimates.
We may request photos of the damage, and so you should take these as soon as possible. It would be advisable to take close-ups of damage and the point of entry (as applicable).
We endeavour to confirm cover and collect all required information during the first call but, for some larger or more complex products or loss types, it may be necessary to revert to our underwriters. In such cases, we will look to carry out the necessary checks within 48 hours.
Repairing your vehicle(s)
If you repair your own vehicles or have a preferred repairer, one of our engineers will make contact within 48 hours of receiving details so that an inspection can be arranged at a suitable time and we can quickly authorise the repair. We will agree costs with the repairer and pay the balance directly to them. You will pay the policy excess and, if you are VAT registered, the VAT.
If you do not repair your own vehicles, or do not have a preferred supplier, we have a range of approved repairers that can provide many types of repairs at your convenience. They can also self-authorise repairs to speed up the process:
- Fix Auto and Nationwide - vehicle repair management solutions
- Vizion - prestige vehicle solutions
- AutoRestore - mobile repair solution allowing for on-site repair, minimising the time the vehicle is off the road
- Autoglass – windscreen repair or replacement at a location convenient for you.
When instructed, Fix Auto and Nationwide will:
- Contact you by telephone within 60 minutes
- Offer next working day collection of their vehicle
- Offer a free courtesy vehicle or preferential rates for a like-for-like hire vehicle
- All work carried out comes with a 5 year guarantee on repairs carried out to BSI Kitemark PAS 125 accreditation.
We have a dedicated team who will proactively manage the approved repairer process to ensure repairs are completed within set timescales and you are kept informed throughout.
Total losses (write-offs)
If a vehicle is considered to be a total loss, our vehicle valuations team will work with you and other internal teams to achieve a fair settlement within 5 days of referral.
Instructing a loss adjuster
If you have an extensive property damage claim, or if the damage/ loss is causing a severe interruption to your business, we will instruct a loss adjuster to oversee the claim.
The loss adjuster will make initial contact within 2 hours of instruction (or within 1 hour if the case is urgent). Non-urgent instructions sent after 4pm will prompt contact from the adjuster by 11am the following day.
The loss adjuster will arrange a convenient time to visit and view the premises/ vehicles. They will confirm next steps, issue an action plan and offer suggestions on preventing further or worsening damage/ losses.
Once the settlement has been agreed and/or the final invoices received, we will arrange settlement by BACS or cheque. The excess will be taken from the settlement as well as any VAT, if you are not VAT registered.
If another party is at fault, wholly or in part, we will contact them, stating that we require reimbursement for our outlay. We will also appoint solicitors* to deal with any uninsured losses that you may incur (e.g. policy excess or hire costs). They will also help your driver make a claim against the responsible party if they have been injured.
If your driver is at fault, we make contact with the third party and offer to repair their vehicle and provide them with a replacement vehicle for the duration of the repairs. If a third party vehicle is declared beyond economical repair, our vehicle valuations team will agree a value with them.
If the accident is a combination of fault, we will liaise with all parties to resolve.
*Only applicable if you have motor legal expenses insurance.
Risk Management Hints and Tips
Visit Risk Director for advice and guidance to prevent further damage occurring and to avoid future incidents.
Once you are logged into Risk Director, you will be able to download relevant risk control notes on topics, such as:
- Forecount/key security for vehicle retailers
- Fuel retrieval in motor trade premises
- Storage or airbags and other explosive parts
- Falls from vehicles
- Welding in motor trade premises.
In addition, you can download our risk management guides covering the following topics:
- Motor Trade Premises
- Motor Trade Vehicle
- Workplace Transport Safety
- Motor Trade - Travelling Abroad
- Recommended Driver/Rider Procedures.