One of the key roles within Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power is that of the Engineer Surveyor. Our Engineer Surveyors are at the forefront of our business, visiting client sites to carry out inspections and assessing a wide range of plant, equipment and installations.
The role of an engineer surveyor is incredibly varied; you could be inspecting anything from a commercial boiler or forklift truck to a major piece of construction plant on a daily basis depending on your area of discipline. Within Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power there are 5 specialist divisions you can join which consist of Lift & Crane, Pressure Mechanical, Electrical, LEV and Power Press.
Daily Duties Include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients - This includes planning and organising site inspection activities, liaising with third party service providers to assist with inspection activities, booking appointments and building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Travelling to client sites to carry out thorough examinations within an allocated geographical area
- Carrying out hands-on inspections of a wide range of plant and equipment within your specific discipline (lift & crane / pressure mechanical / electrical / LEV / power press)
- Preparing and submitting reports of examination following your inspections
- Assisting clients to become compliant with essential Health and Safety workplace legislation
- Adopting and applying a health and safety culture and maintaining technical competence within the relevant technical discipline
It can be a physically demanding role that may require working at height, working in confined spaces, lifting and climbing in both hot and cold environments. It involves exposure to noise and dust, so you would need to be happy being hands on, on a daily basis.