Progress your engineering career
Explore our engineer surveyor role
One of the key roles within Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power is that of the Engineer Surveyor. Our Engineer Surveyors are at the forefront of our business, visiting client sites to carry out inspections and assessing a wide range of plant, equipment and installations.
The role of an engineer surveyor is incredibly varied; you could be inspecting anything from a commercial boiler or forklift truck to a major piece of construction plant on a daily basis depending on your area of discipline. Within Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power there are 5 specialist divisions you can join which consist of Lift & Crane, Pressure Mechanical, Electrical, LEV and Power Press.
Daily Duties Include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients - This includes planning and organising site inspection activities, liaising with third party service providers to assist with inspection activities, booking appointments and building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Travelling to client sites to carry out thorough examinations within an allocated geographical area
- Carrying out hands-on inspections of a wide range of plant and equipment within your specific discipline (lift & crane / pressure mechanical / electrical / LEV / power press)
- Preparing and submitting reports of examination following your inspections
- Assisting clients to become compliant with essential Health and Safety workplace legislation
- Adopting and applying a health and safety culture and maintaining technical competence within the relevant technical discipline
It can be a physically demanding role that may require working at height, working in confined spaces, lifting and climbing in both hot and cold environments. It involves exposure to noise and dust, so you would need to be happy being hands on, on a daily basis.
- You’ll need to be passionate about engineering, self-driven with the ability to interact with a variety of clients on a daily basis
- Confidence in your technical knowledge will be key as you’ll be required to make business decisions based on the outcome of inspections on a daily basis
- Time management skills are also essential, as you’ll be required to independently organise your week's work in an effective manner
- As tablets and smart phones are crucial tools for an Engineer Surveyor, you’ll need to be comfortable using these as part of your working day
Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum technical qualifications:
- HND/ HNC/ Full Technological Certificate/ 17th Edition/ Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, within a subject area relevant to the discipline being recruited for
- Those with suitable relevant experience and an NVQ Level 3/ ONC qualification may also be considered, with support to obtain a suitable level 4 qualification
Find your next opportunity
At Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power we invest in your development from day one!
As a newly recruited Engineer Surveyor at Allianz, you would automatically be enrolled onto our unrivalled induction training programme.
This is a completely bespoke training course, specifically designed to provide you with both the necessary technical competence and confidence to undertake the role.
The training programme includes a combination of in-house classroom training and on-site, hands-on practical tuition. We’ve also enlisted the support of a number of specialists outside training providers to supplement our internal training programmes to ensure we provide the very best all round training experience.
Find your next opportunity
Then start your career, expand your skills, gain insights into our various business areas and combine your ongoing studies with practical experience. Explore our range of jobs.
Explore the variety of job opportunities and find the position that suits you best.
Explore the wide range of job opportunities, help us shape our business success with your experience and knowledge and find your new challenge at Allianz.